Hi Gamestar Mechanic NYC Educators!
Our friends at BrainPOP are involved in a cool research study funded by Gates on how teachers are using digital games for formative assessment. Part of the research involves creating some case studies, and they’re looking for local NYC-area teachers to participate.
Here’s the criteria to participate:
- Teach grades 5-8 in NYC or the immediate area around NYC.
- Teach in the content areas of social studies/history, ELA, math or science.
- Able to use a selected game from BrainPOP’s GameUp as part of your regular curriculum in Winter/Spring 2014.
- Be willing to participate in a PD session related to GameUp in late January, 2014.
- Allow researchers to visit your classroom to observe use of the game, and participate in a debriefing interview about your experience with the game.
All teachers who participate in the case studies will receive:
- Premium access to the BrainPOP web site.
- A $250 expense allowance for your participation in the professional development.
If you are interested, you can read more here: http://create.nyu.edu/
It’s a pretty cool opportunity!